Preparation for Quilting Services
When you bring your quilt in for longarm services, please consider the following things:
1. Thoroughly press your quilt top and back. Seams should lie flat to ensure even quilting. Please do not baste your quilt top, batting, and backing together. Simply fold each piece neatly to drop them off.
2. Do your best to clip any loose threads. This will prevent any dark threads from showing through on your quilt top (especially important if you are using light fabrics).
3. Your backing and batting must be at least 5"-6" larger than the quilt top on each side in order for me to properly load the quilt onto the frame. For example, if your quilt top is 60" x 72", your backing fabric and batting must be at least 72" x 80".
4. When preparing your backing fabric, take care to consider the directionality of the print to ensure the positioning is the way you want.
5. Fullness and puckers within your quilt top cannot be quilted out. It is essential that you take care when piecing your quilt or adding borders to prevent any unnecessary fullness.
Trimming quilt - add $10
Rush quilting - add $75
Piecing back - add $10/seam
Thread upgrade (specialty or variegated) - add $5
Non-cotton backing (minky) - add $20